Now and Zen Teacher Training Information
This 200 hour training is registered with Yoga Alliance
I have attached the following schedule for you – we need to do 180 hours of class time and teaching and 20 hours of non-contact time.
During our time together we will:
- Do Pose breakdowns of various standing poses (hips facing forward, hips opening), seated poses, twisting poses, arm balances, inversions, forward folds and backbends. We will look at the poses from an anatomy perspective, an energetic perspective as well as how yoga can help us in our daily lives.
- Learn about Bandhas, Mudras, Chakras, and Pranayama
- Touch upon Ayurveda and the Doshas
- Learn Sanskit as it relates to the yoga practice
- Read and discuss the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, and the Bagavad Gita
- Look at the ethics of being a yoga instructor
- Study anatomy for Yoga, and look at common issues that you will see in students.
- Learn different techniques for planning and sequencing classes
- Learn modifications and how to teach multi-level classes as well as various types of classes (gentle, yin, flow etc)
- Learn how to be a well rounded teacher by planning classes as a group, then as an individual. You will begin teaching individual poses, then advance to various sections of a class and then an entire class. We will start by teaching each other, depending on the number of participants, we will then move to teaching Now and Zen students.
The cost of the training will be $2000 if paid in full by May 15. The cost after May 15 will be $2200. If you need to set up a payment plan, please discuss it with me. I will need a $250 deposit by May 1st to hold a space for you in the training .
Students will need to purchase:
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras ~ The translation by Swami Satchidananda
- Bagavad Gita ~ The translation by Stephen Mitchell
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- Yoga Reminder by AG Mohan and Ganesh Mohan
- Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous
*These are all available on Amazon.
I am so excited to embark on this journey. I hope you decide to join us!
Now and Zen Teacher Training Schedule for 2016/2017
This is a Yoga Alliance 200 hour Hatha Yoga teacher training. We will meet on the following weekends on Fridays from 5:30pm-9:00pm, Saturdays from 8:00am- 6:00pm, and Sundays from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- June 10-12
- July 8-10
- August 5-7
- September 9-11
- October 7-9
- November 4-6
- December 9-11
- January 6-8
Upon completion of the course, students are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200RYT teacher. This includes a binder covering the course information and a 25 class pass for you to take classes at Now and Zen during the training. The cost is $2,000. Current training is under way until January 2017. We do not have dates for our next training, but please let us know if you are interested in joining a training in 2017 and we will contact you when we have dates available. You will find that this course is the most affordable 200 hour Yoga Alliance teacher training in the area. Topics that will be covered are:
*Asana *Practicing & Teaching
- Proper alignment to meet each student’s needs Teaching Skills
- Sanskrit The Art of Teaching
- Modifications & Props Language & Voice
- Benefits & Contraindications Sequencing
- Teaching Different Levels
- Modifications and adjustments for poses
*Meditation *Yoga Anatomy
Yoga Sutras and Bagavad Gita
Please contact Deb Marweg at email@example.com or 369-7841, if you have any questions or would like more information.