Now and Zen Teacher Training Information
We have our next 200 hour training dates for 2018-2019! We meet on Friday evenings, All day Saturday and Sundays on the weekends that we meet. You will need to be able to attend all of the weekends so it is important to look at your calendar carefully before committing to the training. Our dates are:
This 200 hour training is registered with Yoga Alliance
During our time together we will:
- Do Pose breakdowns of various standing poses (hips facing forward, hips opening), seated poses, twisting poses, arm balances, inversions, forward folds and backbends. We will look at the poses from an anatomy perspective, an energetic perspective as well as how yoga can help us in our daily lives.
- Learn about Bandhas, Mudras, Chakras, and Pranayama
- Touch upon Ayurveda and the Doshas
- Learn Sanskit as it relates to the yoga practice
- Read and discuss the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, and the Bagavad Gita
- Look at the ethics of being a yoga instructor
- Study anatomy for Yoga, and look at common issues that you will see in students.
- Learn different techniques for planning and sequencing classes
- Learn modifications and how to teach multi-level classes as well as various types of classes (gentle, yin, flow etc)
- Learn how to be a well rounded teacher by planning classes as a group, working towards planning classes by yourself.
Students will need to purchase:
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras ~ The translation by Swami Satchidananda
- Bagavad Gita ~ The translation by Swami Satchidananda
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- Yoga Reminder by AG Mohan and Ganesh Mohan
- Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous
*These are all available on Amazon.
I am so excited to embark on this journey. I hope you decide to join us!